The School Day
8.50am: Doors Open/Morning Work begins
9.05am: Morning Session Starts
10.00am – 10.15am: KS1 Morning Break
10.15am – 10.30am: KS2 Morning Break
11.30am – 11.45am: Assembly
1.35pm: Afternoon Session Starts
2.20pm: KS1 Afternoon Break Time
3.30pm: End of Day
The total time this amounts to in a typical week is 32.5 hours.
Our academy aims to meet its obligations with regards to attendance by:
- Promoting good attendance and reducing absence, including persistent absence
- Ensuring every pupil has access to full-time education to which they are entitled
- Acting early to address patterns of absence
- We will also support parents to perform their legal duty to ensure their children of compulsory academy age attend regularly, and will promote and support punctuality in attending lessons.
- It is our intention to ensure that every child enjoys coming to our Academy. By providing a stimulating, challenging and secure environment, the children will be encouraged to be regular attendees, which will ultimately enhance their learning.
- Absences must be kept to a minimum and will be authorised in line with Government Guidelines/DfE ‘Academy Attendance’ July 2019. Continuity of learning can only take place through regular attendance.
- Regular appraisal and monitoring of registers will highlight any issues which may be followed up by written and/or verbal communication with the parents/carer’s.
Good habits are developed from an early age. It is vital that punctuality is the norm, rather than the exception. It is our policy to encourage and demonstrate the importance of efficient time keeping for all pupils and this will be communicated through regular contact with parents/carer’s.
Our Academy recognises and adheres to Lincolnshire County Council Children and Families, Penalty notices for Truancy, Excluded Pupils, Persistent Lateness, Unauthorised Holidays in Term Time Local Code of Conduct (see Appendix One) and the latest DfE guidelines.
How do we monitor attendance?
- All pupils’ attendance is monitored daily and every term using data analysis from the electronic register.
- Our Academy operates a ‘traffic light’ system when monitoring attendance:
- The green zone: pupils with 96% and above, may require little or no action regarding their attendance;
- The amber zone: pupils with between 95% – 91% attendance, these pupils’ attendance is carefully monitored by the Academy, letters are sent to parents to tell them that their child’s attendance has dropped into the amber zone. Absences after a child’s attendance has dropped to 90% or below will not be authorised in line with Government guidelines.
- The red zone: pupils with below 90% attendance with no satisfactory reason, may be referred to Education Welfare, who will consider instigating Legal Action. They will be informed by letter that this is to happen.